Thursday, July 2, 2009

Elastic Waistbands

The worst invention of all time and the mortal enemy of fat girls. Yes, they are oh so comfortable. So comfortable, in fact, that this fat girl doesn't like to wear anything else. I have gained about 20 lbs not even realizing it because the elastic pants still fit- comfortably. But guess what... none of my other cloths fit. I can't even get them past my hips.

I will begin to implement the strategies I read in chapters 1 & 2.
  • Automate my eating
  • Don't under eat
  • Plan my meals
  • Try a drink or sex instead of eating (my favorite)
  • Avoid simple sugars, enriched, bleached, or refined flour, and HFCS

Did good today. Made pretty good choices without knowing any strategies yet. Golf 18 holes but rode in the cart. I wonder how much my game will improve without all this baggage.

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your posts and wish you the best! I have not experienced your level of weight gain, but have struggled myself with weight gain since the birth of my twins 2-1/2 years ago and post-pregnancy weight with all of my children. Don't get discouraged, YOU CAN DO IT! And remember, any week where you don't gain weight is a cause for excitement. Small changes can make a big difference and the healthier person you are becoming is important for you and for your son.

    Best wishes and keep posting!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete