Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Out the Gate

I hit the ground running today. Well, I can't run. Lets just say I hit the ground and moved.

While getting ready for work, struggling to put my too small bra on I remember how I had come to purchase this particular bra. My brother-in-law is going through a divorce and stays with us at times. We went shopping (my brother-in-law, my son, and myself). I needed to purchase some bras. I assumed that my brother-in-law would take my son into a different store while I made my purchases. Nope, not my brother-in-law. Not only did he come into the store with me, he attempted to pick out the style and color. Weird, I know. He is a little out there. Any way, I was so humiliated with the size I wore, I decided to buy a smaller size! Well, now I'm stuck with this too tight bra that I have to rearrange myself in all day long. Much less embarrassing don't you agree????

Although I haven't read enough of "You on a Diet" to implement any of the strategies, I made what I feel were good decisions. I did not drink soda which is a huge hurdle. My plan is to read the entire "You on a Diet" book and implement the strategies as I come across them. The You diet and exercise plan does not come until nearly the end of the book! I don't want to skip ahead though. I'll get there soon enough. After all, I'm giving myself 1 year.

I read the introduction and found the information made complete sense so far. They suggest focusing on waist management not weight. 32 1/2 is the idea waist size for a women. Prepare yourself.......My waist size is 49''. I need to lose 16.5 inches around my waist! All I can say is wow. I've got a long journey ahead of me, but I'm in it for the long hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment